Cat from Kazan Pillow Cover - 18" x 18" luxury cotton canvas square pillow
- Medieval cat pillow - cotton canvas pillow cover is a whimiscal gift for a true cat and history lover!
- Inspired by a famous Russian 18-th century "comic" (called lubok) about a cat, this playful design with a medieval flavor will equally satisfy your craving for style and curiosity for world history of craft!
- The hand lettered writings on edge (the fonts are carefully researched from Shakespeare's printed books and 17th century type in English and Russian) recite the original poem in both languages: Cat from Kazan, mind of Astrakhan, Siberian wit (...). Some sources say it was a political satire on the Russian Emperor Peter the Great.
- Objects depicted around the protagonist are derived from Eastern European folk tales and are of symbolic and magical meaning.
- The design was hand-painted in gouache and took several months of meticulous work. It may or may not have been inspired by my orange tabby cat Cosmo!
Size: 18" x 18" (45.7 cm square)
Fabric: 100% cotton canvas
Closure: hidden zipper at the bottom
Fabric care: Machine wash cold or warm water with a mild detergent, do not bleach, hang to dry, iron on cotton setting, can be dry cleaned
Eco-conscious printing: digitally printed on demand with 100% permanent reactive inks
Info: printed on both sides. Does not include a pillow insert, cover only. 20" insert recommended for a 18" pillow for a puffier look
This design is also available as a silk scarf in 2 sizes and 5 fabric kinds: Cat From Kazan Scarf
Printed to order and handmade in Canada. Please allow 7 days for your pillow case to be hand crafted as each order is custom made!